Friday, August 5, 2011

2 fighter jets flew east near Buffalo, NY yesterday 6/26/11 at about 5:45pm. Where are they from or going?

I'm in Cheektowaga, NY, an eastern suburb of Buffalo, NY. By the time I saw them after thinking they didn't sound like typical jets flying overhead after taking off from Buffalo Niagara International, they were already 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile east of my position. They were about 2,000 feet up. From what I could tell, they looked like A10 Warthogs. They both seemed to have the large tail section and turbines mounted at the rear section of the fuselage near the tail. They weren't moving as if they were in a hurry (scrambling), but certainly were moving at a decent clip. I can't say for sure that these were indeed A10s, but at the time I saw them, that's what I thought they were. Any idea what air bases in the Northeast US have A10s or somewhat similar aircraft? I'm not finding much accurate information at the moment. We get the occasional C130 (Niagara Air Reserve Station) passing over, but very rarely do we get a fighter, let alone 2, zipping through our airspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment